Organizations applying for membership may have their applications considered at the Spring or Fall NW Energy Coalition meetings.
Apply by November 3rd, 2019 in order to be considered at the fall membership meeting on December 3, 2019 in Seattle when Coalition members will vote on potential new organizational members.
If you care about clean and affordable energy, join the NW Energy Coalition today. The Coalition is an alliance of around 100 members in the Northwest that include environmental, consumer, civic, and human service organizations; progressive utilities; energy efficiency and renewable energy businesses, and many more individuals. The Coalition’s diverse and active membership makes it one of the Northwest’s most influential public-interest voices on energy policy.
By joining the NW Energy Coalition you are supporting a clean and affordable energy future. We envision a future that doesn’t rely on risky fossil fuels, but instead invests in cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy power, a future where low-income families do not have to choose between heating and eating. We need your voice; the decisions we make today will have a lasting affect on policy in our region.
The Coalition is regionally known for effectively advocating sustainable energy policies and strengthening our around 100 member groups with staff support and the full political weight of the Coalition’s membership. New organizational members are voted into the Coalition twice a year during our Spring and Fall membership meetings.
Coalition members benefit from opportunities to learn, engage and inform policy by:
- Attending and actively participating in twice-yearly conferences and membership meetings
- Attending quarterly state/provincial caucus meetings
- Receiving discounted fees for conferences and workshops
- Influencing Coalition policy resolutions, award nominations and board elections
- Helping to further the Coalition’s purposes and goals & offering counsel and advice to the staff, executive director, and board
- Participating in online policy discussions
- Updates and alerts on current energy news and Coalition happenings