About the Coalition
The NW Energy Coalition is an alliance of about 100 environmental, civic, and human service organizations, progressive utilities, and businesses in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and British Columbia. We promote development of renewable energy and energy conservation, consumer protection, low-income energy assistance, and fish and wildlife restoration on the Columbia and Snake rivers.
The NW Energy Coalition and its members advocate a clean and affordable energy future for the region based on:
- Meeting all new energy demand with energy efficiency and new renewable resources.
- Full and fair accounting for the environmental effects of energy decisions.
- Protecting and restoring the fish and wildlife of the Columbia River Basin.
- Consumer and low-income protection.
- Informed public involvement in building a clean and affordable energy future.