By joining the NW Energy Coalition as an individual member, you are supporting a clean, affordable, and equitable energy future.
The NW Energy Coalition is an alliance of over 100 environmental, civic, and human service organizations, utilities, and clean energy and energy efficiency businesses in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and British Columbia, plus many individual members.
The NW Energy Coalition advances clean, equitable, and affordable energy policies by leveraging our analytic expertise and convening a broad alliance of people and organizations. The Coalition’s diverse and active membership makes it one of the Northwest’s most influential public-interest voices on energy policy.
Individual members are eligible for positions on the Board of Directors and may vote in their state or regional caucus. Individual members can access the member benefits described below.
We hope you’ll participate in state caucus meetings and Coalition member meetings, which provide important opportunities for members like you to learn about clean energy, engage in the policymaking process, and support the Coalition’s work. Thank you!
Benefits of Membership
- A voice in the region’s policymaking and regulatory processes
- Participation in policy discussions on topics including:
- Renewable energy resources
- Energy efficiency
- Salmon recovery
- Carbon emissions reductions
- Equitable and efficient rate structures
- Bill assistance and home weatherization
- Just transition for workers and vulnerable communities
- Transition to a clean electric system
- Transportation electrification
- Networking opportunities with businesses, organizations, and people working on clean energy in the region
- Discounted fees for conferences and workshops
- Twice-yearly membership meetings to address policy issues and participate in board elections
- Quarterly state/provincial caucus meetings
- Online policy discussions through the caucus listservs
- Updates and alerts on current energy news and Coalition events
Sustaining Members provide the NW Energy Coalition with long-term viability, allowing us to be effective and unwavering in our work.
Starting at as little as $10 per month, your gift is processed automatically, conveniently, and securely through your bank account or credit card on the same day every month.
The monthly program is virtually paperless, which is best for everyone!
Your membership automatically renews every year so you don’t receive reminders in the mail.
You receive a year-end statement totaling your annual tax-deductible contributions and can make changes or adjustments to your giving plan at any time.
Employer Matching Gifts (Double the Donation)
Ask your employer about workplace giving
Workplace giving is a convenient and meaningful way to make tax-deductible donations to eligible non-profits through payroll contributions. Companies offer workplace giving programs to employees, and some even offer to match donations. Click on the link below to search for your company! Be sure to check if your spouse/partner’s company offers a workplace giving program too.