Organizations applying for membership may have their applications considered at the Spring or Fall NW Energy Coalition meetings.
Apply by October 25, 2022 in order to be considered at the Fall 2022 membership meeting, where the full membership will consider potential organizational members.
If you care about clean and affordable energy, join the NW Energy Coalition today! The Coalition is an alliance of around 100 members in the Northwest that include environmental, consumer, civic, and human service organizations; progressive utilities; energy efficiency and renewable energy businesses, and many more individuals. The Coalition’s diverse and active membership makes it one of the Northwest’s most influential public-interest voices on energy policy.
By joining the NW Energy Coalition you are supporting a clean and affordable energy future. We envision a future that doesn’t rely on risky fossil fuels, but instead invests in cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy power, a future where low-income families do not have to choose between heating and eating. We need your voice; the decisions we make today will have a lasting affect on policy in our region.
The Coalition is regionally known for effectively advocating sustainable energy policies and strengthening our around 100 member groups with staff support and the full political weight of the Coalition’s membership. New organizational members are voted into the Coalition twice a year during our Spring and Fall membership meetings.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice in the region’s policymaking and regulatory processes
- Participation in policy discussions on topics including:
- Renewable energy resources
- Energy efficiency
- Salmon recovery
- Carbon emissions reductions
- Equitable and efficient rate structures
- Bill assistance and home weatherization
- Just transition for workers and vulnerable communities
- Transition to a clean electric system
- Transportation electrification
- Networking with businesses, organizations and people working on clean energy in the region
- Promotion of member events *
- Discounted fees for conferences and workshops
- Twice-yearly membership meetings to address policy issues and participate in board elections
- Quarterly state/provincial caucus meetings
- Online policy discussions through the caucus listservs
- Updates and alerts on current energy news and Coalition events